Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

ST MARY'S CHURCH, MOLD

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 306982

Cyfeirnod Map SJ26SW

Cyfeirnod Grid SJ2369464165

Awdurdod Lleol Sir y Fflint 

Hen Sir Fflint

Cymuned Mold

Math o Safle EGLWYS

Cyfnod Ôl-Ganoloesol, Canoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle St Mary's church, Mold is one of the 'Stanley' series of churches rebuilt c. 1500 under the patronage of Margaret, Countess of Richmond and Derby. It is twin aisled with a west tower rebuilt in 1773, and a porch with an Elizabethan inner doorway. The flat (camberbeam) aisle roof survives but the nave roof has been replaced. See the architectural description by Edward Hubbard in the The Buildings of Wales: Clwyd, p. 389-91. The nave arcade incorporates numerous shields. Description by Michael Siddons in Heraldic Badges in England and Wales (Society of Antiquaries, forthcoming). (2002.11.08/RCAHMW/RFS)

WALLPAINTINGS:
[1] Stars in chancel
Stars on piers between chancel windows; chancel added by Scott, c.1856 AJP '87
[2] Painted niche
S aisle, niches at E end painted (NE on modern repainting) AJP '72

Source: RCAHMW Wallpaintings database. 2004.09.10/RCAHMW/SLE

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol