Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

BLACKFRIARS PRIORY (DOMINICAN), BUTE PARK

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 307772

Cyfeirnod Map ST17NE

Cyfeirnod Grid ST1778576691

Awdurdod Lleol Caerdydd

Hen Sir Morgannwg

Cymuned Castle (Cardiff)

Math o Safle PRIORDY

Cyfnod Ôl-Ganoloesol, Canoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Following excavations, in 1887, the plan of the Dominican Priory was laid out in dwarf brick walls as part of the landscaping of Bute Park (Nprn301558).

These wall trace a complex, measuring c.76m north-south by 55m, laid out about a cloister, with the conventual church on the south and a second court to the north.

The Priory was established in 1242 and following dissolution in 1538, was let out as a low-status multiple-occupancy complex, being demolished in the early 19th century.

(source Os495card; ST17NE4)
RCAHMW AP955172/46, 51
J.Wiles 04.02.03

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig

Adnoddau Ar-lein