Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

ST GARMON'S CHURCH, LLANARMON YN IAL

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 309569

Cyfeirnod Map SJ15NE

Cyfeirnod Grid SJ19075615

Awdurdod Lleol Sir Ddinbych 

Hen Sir Dinbych

Cymuned Llanarmon-yn-ial

Math o Safle EGLWYS

Cyfnod Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle The existing St Garmon's Church dates from the fifteenth century, but is on the site of an earlier church. It is double-naved and has round-headed windows and a south porch of pecked ashlar limestone and sandstone dressing with a rusticated arch. The southern nave has a bellcote. The church was rebuilt in 1736 but the late medieval arched-braced roofs with carved faces to the principals still remain. It was renovated in 1870 and again in 1906.

With the exception of the bellcote, it is rendered and has a slate roof. The interior is in perpendicular style and there is an octagonal carved pulpit of around 1636 in the south nave. The glass is all nineteenth century.

There is a painting of the George II's Royal Arms on boards by the northern doorway with the painter's name, David Davies, added. The painting is dark, and made with oil paint.

Source: CADW listed buildings database.

RCAHMW, August 2014.

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol