Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

MONMOUTH ELECTRICITY GENERATING STATION, OSBASTON, MONMOUTH

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 33606

Cyfeirnod Map SO51SW

Cyfeirnod Grid SO50311376

Awdurdod Lleol Sir Fynwy

Hen Sir Mynwy

Cymuned Monmouth

Math o Safle GORSAF BWER TRYDAN-DWR

Dosbarth Cyffredinol DIWYDIANNOL

Cyfnod 19eg Ganrif, Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Monmouth water powered electricity station was a brick-built, water-turbine-powered generating-station started in 1899 to give a public supply in Monmouth town using the weir and waterchannels of the first forge on the River Monnow which was built in 1628 (nprn 40483). The generating station was used for about 50 years. The main plant had 3 turbines and a 1,100 horse power steam engine. TThe station provided one of the earliest public electricity supplies in Britain; it was also one of the first to generate high voltage. The station closed in 1953 but the building continues in industrial use. The heightened weir 300 yards upstream is still in use as a river regulator.

Source: Sivewright, 54. (Site entry by S.R.Hughes for Buildings of Gwent, John Newman, 2000)
B.A.Malaws, 13 November 2003.

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig