Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

CWM ERCH COPPER MINE

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 33772

Cyfeirnod Map SH65SW

Cyfeirnod Grid SH635530

Awdurdod Lleol Gwynedd 

Hen Sir Caernarfon

Cymuned Beddgelert

Math o Safle MWYNGLAWDD COPR

Dosbarth Cyffredinol DIWYDIANNOL

Cyfnod Anhysbys

Disgrifiad o´r Safle There is evidence for the operation of Cwm Erch copper mine from 1841 to 1865. A water wheel was erected in 1841. The mine was run by H. McKellar who formed the 'Hafod y Llan Copper and Lead Mines Company' in 1851.

The mine constructions included a tramway, ore platform, upper and lower mills, dressing floor and other buildings and machinery. The remains are reasonably well preserved.

Reference: NMR site files.

RCAHMW, 2009.

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol