Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

FORT BELAN DOCKYARD, LLANDWROG

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 34157

Cyfeirnod Map SH46SW

Cyfeirnod Grid SH4416060925

Awdurdod Lleol Gwynedd 

Hen Sir Caernarfon

Cymuned Llandwrog

Math o Safle DOC

Dosbarth Cyffredinol ARFOROL

Cyfnod 18fed Ganrif, Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Dockyard serving Fort Belan (NPRN 26459). The dock was part of the original scheme for the fort, built by Lord Newborough to house the Caernarvonshire Militia in 1775. However, it was not constructed until a major program of refortification was undertaken, in 1824-6.

The dockyard has a large tidal dock with battered stone walls, set on the north side of a large walled compound. This is lined by a range of single storey buildings, stores and boatsheds, including a chain cleaning furnace. It is linked by a spur wall to the fort's outer encience. The various buildings are built of stone rubble with brick dressings and have slate roofs, variously gabled, hipped and half hipped.

Source: RCAHMW Caernarvonshire Inventory II (1960), 220-1 No. 1348
CADW Listed Buildings Database (14409)

John Wiles, RCAHMW, 22.06.2007.

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig