Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

WAREHOUSE, BUTE EAST DOCK

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 34243

Cyfeirnod Map ST17NE

Cyfeirnod Grid ST1924375919

Awdurdod Lleol Caerdydd

Hen Sir Morgannwg

Cymuned Butetown

Math o Safle WARWS

Dosbarth Cyffredinol MASNACHOL, ARFOROL

Cyfnod 19eg Ganrif

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Formerly the Cardiff & Channel flour mill store, a nine-storey warehouse constructed in three phases in 1892–1896 stood near the north end of the east side of the East Bute Dock. The lower six-storeys of the main block were constructed on rubble with the top three added in black brick. The openings had ashlar heads and jambs and there was a column of central loading doorways in the east and west elevations. The gated roof was pitches behind gate parapets. A red-brick building phase to the north had been mainly demolished by the mid-1980s. By 1984, the warehouse was the last surviving original building on the east side of the docks. It was demolished around the turn of the twenty-first century.

(Sources: NMR Site File Glam/Ind/ST17NE)
A.N. Coward, RCAHMW, 11.07.2018

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol