Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod


Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 34902

Cyfeirnod Map SJ27SW

Cyfeirnod Grid SJ2453473120

Awdurdod Lleol Sir y Fflint 

Hen Sir Fflint

Cymuned Flint


Dosbarth Cyffredinol CLUDIANT

Cyfnod Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Built soon after 1845 when work commenced on the Chester and Holyhead Railway engineered by Robert Stephenson. The station and the other buildings were designed by Francis Thompson, architect for the line.

A late classical, symmetrically designed building of two storeys with offices, staff and passenger facilities to ground floor, and station masters accommodation above. It has a five bay entrance facade of brick construction with Penmon stone dressings, all painted and rendered with the outer wings flanking the entrance. Furnished with hipped slate roofs, tall brick stacks with heavy classical stone cornices, wide eaves and a moulded cornice over the ground floor. It has widely spaced upper windows with heavy architraves, consoled cornices and sill brackets pushed under the eaves, and sashes (mainly) with original glazing bars including an unusual pairing of the centre bars. The entrance has plain canopy on ironwork brackets, over which is an armorial panel with an ovoid cartouche and volutes to the centre. Ground floor windows are similar to those above, with lugged margins, sunk panels to the cornices and original sash glazing except to the right hand wing. There is a low single window and slated extension with a tall brick stack to left end.

It has a five window platform facade with similar detailing to the entrance front. Original glazing and a central canopy on brackets survives between low one-window wings to the left and right.
(Source; Cadw listing database) S Fielding RCAHMW 17/10/2005

Chofnodion Archifol