Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

PIER STREET, 16-18;D. MORGAN'S

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 35105

Cyfeirnod Map SN58SE

Cyfeirnod Grid SN5819581668

Awdurdod Lleol Ceredigion 

Hen Sir Ceredigion

Cymuned Aberystwyth

Math o Safle SIOP

Dosbarth Cyffredinol MASNACHOL

Cyfnod Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle 1. Late Georgian 3 storey stucco; small pane sash windows; continous victorian shop front; splayed central entrance to number 16; mosaic patterned
"doormats".

2. From 1847, 16 Pier Street was the original site of the Cambrian Institution for the Deaf and Dumb, the first deaf school in Wales. The school moved to Swansea in 1850.

(Sources: ‘Aberystwyth – Cambrian Institution for the Deaf and Dumb’, The Welshman, 22.10.1847, Accessed via Welsh Newspapers Online; ‘The Cambrian Institution for the Deaf and Dumb’, The Principality, 24.05.1850, Accessed via Welsh Newspapers Online)
A.N. Coward, RCAHMW, 03.09.2019

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol