Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

HAWARDEN CASTLE, HAWARDEN

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 35877

Cyfeirnod Map SJ36NW

Cyfeirnod Grid SJ32176544

Awdurdod Lleol Sir y Fflint 

Hen Sir Fflint

Cymuned Hawarden

Math o Safle PLASTY

Dosbarth Cyffredinol DOMESTIG

Cyfnod Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Hawarden Castle is an 18th century mansion that takes its name from a ruined castle in its grounds, Hawarden Old Castle. The new house made of brick with a stone dressing, had two side pavillions and a main block of 3 storeys, 7 bays and 3 bay pediment. This forms the main part of the present building. 1809-1810: Thomas Candy transformed the exterior with mullion windows, labels and battlements. He raised the south front, created mock machicolations and a circular turret to the south west corner. Notably, Candy made the gothic style library. By the 1860's the house was the family home of Gladestone, reflecting this Gladestone's study the "Temple of Peace", was built by George Shaw.

(Hubbard, Edwards. 1986. The Buildings of Wales: Clwyd (Denbighshire and Flintshire). Penguin Books.)

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig