Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

HOLY TRINITY CHURCH, LEIGHTON, WELSHPOOL

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 402947

Cyfeirnod Map SJ20NW

Cyfeirnod Grid SJ2426705960

Awdurdod Lleol Powys 

Hen Sir Trefaldwyn

Cymuned Forden

Math o Safle EGLWYS

Cyfnod 19eg Ganrif

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Holy Trinity Church is one of the best examples of a Victorian Estate Church in Wales. It was commissioned by John Naylor, and built in 1851-3 to the design of W.H. Gee, as part of an ambitious programme of building across the entire Leighton estate. It is particularly fortunate to have retained its Forrest and Bromley stained glass windows and Minton tiling throughout the church in their original conditions.
The church is of an extravagant Decorated style, with high quality fittings. It comprises a nave with aisles, tall chancel, the arch of which is as richly treated as the church exterior, south porch, north west tower with spire, octagonal south east chapel with pyramidal roof, and north vestry. It is built of Cefn stone and has a steeply pitched slate roof, which on the nave and chancel is behind coped gables. The windows and doorways have hood moulds with head or foliage stops, while the doors all have ornate strap hinges and studding. The elaborate doorway below the tower, now used as the main entrance, is dressed with sculpted vine trails and the Green Man. The hood mould of the doorway also has stops in the form of winged angels bearing scrolls reading 'Fear God' and 'Honour the king'.

Source: Cadw Listed Buildings Record
RCAHMW Inventory Documents

K Steele, RCAHMW, 25 November 2008

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol