Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

FORMER SHIPPON, ROSE MOUNT, HALKYN

Manylion y Safle



NPRN 405505

Cyfeirnod Map SJ27SW

Cyfeirnod Grid SJ2105671048

Awdurdod Lleol Sir y Fflint 

Hen Sir Fflint

Cymuned Halkyn

Math o Safle BEUDY

Dosbarth Cyffredinol AMAETHYDDIAETH A CHYNHALIAETH

Cyfnod Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Probably late 18th cemtury or early 19th century and shown on the 1839 Tithe map. It probably originally belonged to nearby Lygan-y-llan farm, part of the Grosvenor Estate. The Grosvenor family owned an extensive estate and mineral rights in the Halkyn area. Halkyn Castle was built for the second Earl Grosvenor in 1824-7 and was used as an occasional residence. The Earl was later made Duke of Westminster.

Shippon built of rubble stone with a slate roof. The front faces south and has 3 doorways with stone segmental heads and boarded doors, mostly replaced, and a small window has been inserted between the centre and right-hand doorways. Further to the right is a shallow projection under a catslide roof, with a boarded door under a wooden lintel. The rear wall has, at the left end, a doorway infilled with blockwork, with boarded loft opening above. A pitching hole with segmental head and wooden shutter is located to the left of centre. Further right are 2 tiers of narrow ventilation strips (part infilled) flanking another boarded loft opening.
(Source; cadw listing databse) S Fielding RCAHMW 05/12/2006

Chofnodion Archifol