Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

SOPHIA GARDENS BOWLING GREEN, RIVERSIDE, CARDIFF

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 411731

Cyfeirnod Map ST17NE

Cyfeirnod Grid ST1752276817

Awdurdod Lleol Caerdydd

Hen Sir Morgannwg

Cymuned Riverside

Math o Safle LAWNT FOWLIO

Dosbarth Cyffredinol HAMDDEN

Cyfnod 19eg Ganrif, Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Opened on 5 June 1878, the Sophia Gardens Bowling Green was designed and constructed by Andrew Pettigrew – head gardener of the Cardiff Castle estate – according to the wishes of the Marquess of Bute. It was laid out for the sole use of the Cardiff Bowling Club and is clearly marked on the 1879 O/S map. The green was used in the 1958 Empire Games and is still in use today as the home of the Cardiff Bowling Club.

Daryl Leeworthy, RCAHMW, 4 October 2010

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig