Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

ABERHOCCWN

Manylion y Safle



NPRN 417316

Cyfeirnod Map SH36NE

Cyfeirnod Grid SH39786839

Awdurdod Lleol Ynys Mon

Hen Sir Môn

Cymuned Bodorgan

Math o Safle ANNEDD

Dosbarth Cyffredinol DOMESTIG

Cyfnod 18fed Ganrif, Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Late C18. The cottage was originally built on part of the Bodeon or Bodowen estate, the neighbouring estate to Bodorgan and the Anglesey seat of the Owen family (also of Orielton, Pembrokeshire). In 1808 the estate was sold off and the cottage, along with many of the Anglesey properties, was purchased by William Lewis Hughes, created 1st Lord Dinorben in 1831. The Meyrick family were keen to acquire many of the properties, especially those that bordered their own lands, and during the 1840's negotiations took place between Lord Dinorben and Owen John Augustus Fuller Meyrick, the latter keen to secure and expand his estate. Aberhoccwn was one of the properties successfully purchased by the Bodorgan estate in mid C19. The Tithe map for the parish (1840) shows the original cottage only (the block at the right (N) end), this was later extended by the addition of another cottage to the left (S), both cottages now form a single dwelling.

Source: Cadw Listed Buildings. ALH 27/07/2012

Chofnodion Archifol