Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

ST JOHN'S COLLIERY, MAESTEG

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 435

Cyfeirnod Map SS89SE

Cyfeirnod Grid SS8756891682

Awdurdod Lleol Pen-y-bont

Hen Sir Morgannwg

Cymuned Maesteg

Math o Safle PWLL GLO

Dosbarth Cyffredinol DIWYDIANNOL

Cyfnod Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle St Johns Colliery was opened by North's Navigation Collieries Ltd. in 1910 on the site of the recently defunct Cwmdu Colliery (NPRN 86933). In the late 1920s it employed 1,480 workers. The mine is depicted in considerable detail on the 3rd & 4th editions of the Ordnance Survey County series (Glamorgan. XXVI.10 1919, 1937).

This was the last deep mine in the Llynfi Valley, closing in 1985. Remains still visible at the site include large tips.

John Wiles, RCAHMW, 3 January 2008

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig