Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

ST GWENLLWYFO'S OLD PARISH CHURCH, REMAINS OF

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 43610

Cyfeirnod Map SH49SE

Cyfeirnod Grid SH4855790062

Awdurdod Lleol Ynys Mon

Hen Sir Môn

Cymuned Llaneilian

Math o Safle EGLWYS

Cyfnod Ôl-Ganoloesol, Canoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle The old St Gwenllwyfo Church was abandoned in 1856 when a replacement church was built, and the ruins are now roofless and overgrown. The surviving structure consists of a continuous nave and chancel which, though it has medieval origins, was heavily restored in the eighteenth century. The result is that most the present details are eighteenth century, although the stone benches along the north and south walls may be earlier. The roof once had late medieval trusses.

B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 13 March 2007.

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig