Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

ST LLECHIDS CHURCH, LLANLLECHID

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 43759

Cyfeirnod Map SH66NW

Cyfeirnod Grid SH6219468690

Awdurdod Lleol Gwynedd 

Hen Sir Caernarfon

Cymuned Llanllechid

Math o Safle EGLWYS

Cyfnod 19eg Ganrif

Disgrifiad o´r Safle This church was built in 1844 by the diocesan architect, Henry Kennedy to replace the old church, the site of which lies to the east in the present churchyard. Built in the Lombardic Romanesque style, it has a nave, chancel, west bellcote, south porch and north vestry. It is constructed from roughly coursed rubblestone blocks with tooled ashlar dressings and has a continuous chamfered plinth and cill band. It also has steep-pitched slate roofs with coped verges and strong moulded cornices.

It is listed as an early church of Henry Kennedy, architect to the diocese of Bangor from the 1840s until his retirement in 1894. Llanllechid is one of his most distinctive buildings and shows him working in the neo-Norman style favoured during the earlier part of his career.

Source:- Cadw listed buildings, NJR 07/07/2010

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol