Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

ENGLISH BAPTIST CHURCH, LAMMAS STREET, CARMARTHEN

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 6237

Cyfeirnod Map SN42SW

Cyfeirnod Grid SN4106720098

Awdurdod Lleol Sir Gaerfyrddin

Hen Sir Caerfyrddin

Cymuned Carmarthen

Math o Safle CAPEL

Cyfnod 19eg Ganrif, Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle The English Baptist Church on Lammas Street is one of the most architecturally ambitious classical chapels in Wales. It has a fine Bath Stone five-bay temple front, with a four-column full Corinthian detached portico to the centre three bays, below a blank tympanum. Above is a hipped slate roof. The side elevations are of snecked rubble, and each have four bays. The end gable is coped with an apex vent. There is also a lower organ-chamber with a stepped three-light window and yellow bridck lean-to. The chapel was built in 1869-70 by George Morgan, leading nineteenth century architect of Carmarthen and dean of the chapel.
The interior of the chapel has original furnishings, inlcuding a great seat with simple ballustrade and baptistry. The complex timber roof is divided into four bays with tie beams. The gallery, which crosses the front wall, has a pierced cast-iron band to the front, and is carried on fluted cast-iron columns. The organ was also designed by George Morgan.

Source: Cadw Listed Building Record
RCAHMW Inventory Documents

K Steele, RCAHMW, 13 February 2009

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol