Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

RHYDYCEISIAD WELSH INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, RHYDYCEISIAD

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 6542

Cyfeirnod Map SN22SW

Cyfeirnod Grid SN2431920993

Awdurdod Lleol Sir Gaerfyrddin

Hen Sir Caerfyrddin

Cymuned Llangynin

Math o Safle CAPEL

Cyfnod 18fed Ganrif, Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle The first chapel on the siten of the Rhydyceisiad Welsh Independent Chapel was built in 1707/9, but there followed successive rebuilding programmes; the current chapel dates from 1857-8, and was further renovated in 1911. It is in the simple round-headed style, with twentieth century dry-dash cladding and painted stone window heads. The roof is of hipped slate with flat eaves. The chapel is of the short-wall entry type, with the arched door flanked by two long small-paned arched windows, all with cut stone voussoirs and keystones to arches.; the door fanlight and window heads have intersecting tracery of the Gothick style. The attached vestry is on two levels due to the uneven level of the ground, while the gable overlooking the chapel court has overhanging verges.
The interior of the chapel was originally plastered throughout, though this has now been removed on the rear wall and on the side walls beneath the gallery, which covers three sides pf the chapel and is mounted upon five cast-iron columns with Corinthian capitals. The box pews are painted, with shaped bench ends and panel backs. The ceiling is painted and boarded.

Source: Cadw Listed Building Record

K Steele, RCAHMW, 16 February 2009

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig