Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

LIBANUS BAPTIST CHAPEL, WAUN-GLYN-DA, LLANSADWRN

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 6580

Cyfeirnod Map SN63SE

Cyfeirnod Grid SN6819831923

Awdurdod Lleol Sir Gaerfyrddin

Hen Sir Caerfyrddin

Cymuned Llansadwrn

Math o Safle CAPEL

Cyfnod 18fed Ganrif, Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Libanus Baptist Chapel was first built in 1788/9, and rebuilt in 1841.

The building is of the simple round-headed style, of gable entry type, constructed of rubble stone with a slate roof and overhanging plain verges. The gable facade has two small high level arched windows and arched centre door, all with stone voussoirs. The windows are small-paned with intersecting glazing-bars to heads and similar glazing to door fanlight. The double doors are flush-panelled. The north side elevation has no fenestration and flat boarded eaves. The rear gable has two large arched windows with stone voussoirs; the windows are two-light with broad mullion and Y-tracery heads. The south side, nearest the road, has a late nineteenth century lean-to vetry and schoolroom, reached via 11 steps to a door in the east end. The south side has three four-pane upper windows, a ground floor centre door and two small four-pane casements with brick surrounds.

The interior of this chapel is of particular note, with a three-sided gallery mounted upon four decorated columns. The stencil decoration found on the columns is also reflected on the cornice and panels, and dates to the late nineteenth or early twentieth century. There are three blocks of painted panelled box pews, with larger family pews to the front centre. The late nineteenth century pulpit and great seat are of pitch pine. The ceiling is boarded with embossed paper in panels.

Source: Cadw Listed Building Record

K Steele, RCAHWM, 16 February 2009

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol