Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod


Manylion y Safle

NPRN 81026

Cyfeirnod Map SO18SW

Cyfeirnod Grid SO10778193

Awdurdod Lleol Powys 

Hen Sir Maesyfed

Cymuned Llanbadarn Fynydd

Math o Safle FFERM


Cyfnod 19eg Ganrif

Disgrifiad o´r Safle This is a small upland farm of c1800 shown on the 1840 Tithe map, with minor later modifications, including the addition of a rear outshut, and replacing the roof and stacks. The attached farm ranges are first shown on the 1889 Ordnance Survey. It is a two-storey, two-window cottage built of rubble stone and rendered to the front with a slate roof and brick end stacks. The windows are two-light iron-framed casements in the lower storey, inserted into original camber-headed openings and the upper storey has three-light iron-frame windows enlarged from the original openings. On the right (N) side is a lofted rubble-stone cow house, its front rebuilt in blockwork with three doors. The loft is clad in corrugated asbestos-cement and has a two-light small-pane casement window to the left. On the left(S) side is a lofted farm range clad in corrugated iron and part rebuilt in blockwork, with a corrugated-iron roof. It has two doors and two shuttered loft openings. A further range is at right angles to the gable end. The rear of the house has a rubble-stone outshut and two two-light windows, and blockwork lateral extensions. Behind the downhill end is a hopper for animal feed.

It is listed as a small early nineteenth century farmhouse, a type once common in the district, retaining definite regional character.

Source:- Cadw Listed Buildings, NJR 29/04/2010

Chofnodion Archifol