Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

ANGLO-PERSIAN OIL REFINERY;LLANDARCY OIL REFINERY;SKEWEN OIL REFINERY;BP OIL REFINERY, LLANDARCY

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 91695

Cyfeirnod Map SS79NW

Cyfeirnod Grid SS710955

Awdurdod Lleol Castell-nedd Port Talbot

Hen Sir Morgannwg

Cymuned Coedffranc

Math o Safle PURFA OLEW

Dosbarth Cyffredinol DIWYDIANNOL

Cyfnod 20fed Ganrif, Modern

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Llandarcy Oil Refinery was built near Skewen by the Anglo-Persian Oil Company, the forerunner to British Petroleum, and opened in 1921/2. The refinery and nearby model village of Llandarcy (nprn 408156), provided to house the workforce, was named after the founder of the company, William Knox D'Arcy. The works was supplied with crude oil imported through the purpose-built Queen's Dock (nprn 419503) at Swansea Docks and was the first large commercial oil refinery to be established in Britain. In 1961, BP constructed a jetty below Fort Popton (nprn 300447) in Milford Haven and a pumping installation, known as Angle Bay Terminal (nprn 306321), within and close to the fort in order to pump oil to Llandarcy. The pumping station closed in 1985. The Llandarcy refinery complex eventually covered an area of around 400 hectares but closed in 1999.
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 01 May 2008.

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig