Nid oes gennych resi chwilio datblygedig. Ychwanegwch un trwy glicio ar y botwm '+ Ychwanegu Rhes'

St Mary's Church, Maestir, Lampeter

Loading Map
Cyfeirnod MapSN54NE
Cyfeirnod GridSN5537749315
Awdurdod Unedol (Lleol)Ceredigion
Hen SirCeredigion
Math O SafleEGLWYS
Cyfnod19eg Ganrif
St Mary's Church was constructed by J.B. Harford in 1880, as an estate church to Falcondale mansion and chapel of ease to St Peter's Church, Lampeter (NPRN 270).
A small church, built in a minimally Romanesque style, it consists of nave and chancel with round apse, west bellcote partly supported by a projection down the gable, north-east gabled vestry, and gabled south porch with big arch. The square, twelfth-century font, with four carved Evangelist symbols, is from St Peter's Church, Lampeter. The apse windows, dating from around 1904, have stained glass by C.E Kempe. The church has no mains electric. After an electric organ was installed at st Sulien's Church, Silian (NPRN 402554) in 1956, the former organ was removed to St Mary's.

Sources include:
T.Lloyd, J.Orbach & R.Scourfield, Buildings of Wales: Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion (2006), p.481.

D Leighton & N Vousden, RCAHMW, 10 July 2015