Nid oes gennych resi chwilio datblygedig. Ychwanegwch un trwy glicio ar y botwm '+ Ychwanegu Rhes'

Flint Railway Station

Loading Map
Cyfeirnod MapSJ27SW
Cyfeirnod GridSJ2453473120
Awdurdod Unedol (Lleol)Flintshire
Hen SirSir y Fflint
Built soon after 1845 when work commenced on the Chester and Holyhead Railway engineered by Robert Stephenson. The station and the other buildings were designed by Francis Thompson, architect for the line.

A late classical, symmetrically designed building of two storeys with offices, staff and passenger facilities to ground floor, and station masters accommodation above. It has a five bay entrance facade of brick construction with Penmon stone dressings, all painted and rendered with the outer wings flanking the entrance. Furnished with hipped slate roofs, tall brick stacks with heavy classical stone cornices, wide eaves and a moulded cornice over the ground floor. It has widely spaced upper windows with heavy architraves, consoled cornices and sill brackets pushed under the eaves, and sashes (mainly) with original glazing bars including an unusual pairing of the centre bars. The entrance has plain canopy on ironwork brackets, over which is an armorial panel with an ovoid cartouche and volutes to the centre. Ground floor windows are similar to those above, with lugged margins, sunk panels to the cornices and original sash glazing except to the right hand wing. There is a low single window and slated extension with a tall brick stack to left end.

It has a five window platform facade with similar detailing to the entrance front. Original glazing and a central canopy on brackets survives between low one-window wings to the left and right.
(Source; Cadw listing database) S Fielding RCAHMW 17/10/2005
application/pdfERC - Emergency Recording CollectionReport of a Built Heritage Recording of the Footbridge, Flint Railway Station, carried out as a requirement for Listed Building Consent (LBC/000423/23). PCA report no: 15698. Dated October 2023.