Nid oes gennych resi chwilio datblygedig. Ychwanegwch un trwy glicio ar y botwm '+ Ychwanegu Rhes'

23 The Close, Llanfairfechan

Loading Map
NPRN411860
Cyfeirnod MapSH67SE
Cyfeirnod GridSH6850074865
Awdurdod Unedol (Lleol)Conwy
Hen SirSir Gaernarfon
CymunedLlanfairfechan
Math O Safle
Cyfnod20fed Ganrif
Disgrifiad
The Close was designed by Herbert Luck North (1871?1941), the foremost Arts and Craft architect of his age in Wales, and constructed between 1923 and 1940, with number 23, named Dwyfor, constructed in c.1937.

Dwyfor is a two-storey house constructed of concrete brick cavity walls covered with roughcast render and painted white, roofed in small slates from Gallt-y-Llan Quarry (NPRN 419098). In style, it is very similar to number 21, Hillcrest (NPRN 411859), albeit smaller. The entrance is through the original pointed doorway within a central internal Gothic arch surrounded by a wooden gabled slated canopy positioned centrally in a facade with paired steep gables facing The Close. The rear facade has a central entrance through a narrow, pointed arch flanked by shallow buttresses, above which are narrow small-pane windows flanking a circular window. Casement windows in both front and rear from Henry Hope & Sons. The central chimney between the high peaks of the gables is of red brick with slates sharply peaked over the flues. At the rear of the building is a garage with hipped slate roots and roughcast render walls.

(Sources: Cadw Listed Building Description, Ref No 3550; Richard Haslam, Julian Orbach and Adam Voelchker, Buildings of Wales: Gwynedd (New Haven: Yale University Press, 2009), pp. 438?39)
A.N. Coward, RCAHMW, 20.02.2019
Adnoddau
LawrlwythoMathFfynhonnell
application/pdfRCAHMW Exhibitions