NPRN768
Cyfeirnod MapSS87SE
Cyfeirnod GridSS8817473861
Awdurdod Unedol (Lleol)Bro Morgannwg
Hen SirGlamorgan
CymunedSt Bride's Major (The Vale of Glamorgan)
Math O SafleGWESTY
CyfnodÔl-Ganoloesol
DisgrifiadDunraven Arms, Southerndown, was originally a low thatched building. This was demolished and rebuilt in 1890 as Dunraven Hotel.
1948 the Wales Council for the Blind opened the premises as Southerndown Home for the Blind and Elderly, originally offering holidays for people with visual impairment.
The main building is 3 storeyed, stucco, with 2 imposing round 3-storey turrets to the front corners. The front porch has a round-headed entrance and there are dormer attic windows.
Reference: early postcards.
RCAHMW, 2010.