Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

ST CYNFARWY'S CHURCH, LECHCYNFARWY

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 206

Cyfeirnod Map SH38SE

Cyfeirnod Grid SH38118109

Awdurdod Lleol Ynys Mon

Hen Sir Môn

Cymuned Tref Alaw

Math o Safle EGLWYS

Cyfnod Canoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle The church comprises of a nave, chancel, North chapel, and South porch. The walls are of limestone rubble with grit dressings. There is little survivng evidence to suggest a date for the nave and chancel, but the chapel is C17 and the porch modern. The whole church has been extensively moderninsed.
(Source: site file An/ECC/SH38. Also Anglesey Inventory, 1937 [1960 reprint], p. 116)
J Hill 02/02/2004

[Additional:] This church has been closed since c. 2010 and has been sold. According to the Buildings of Wales: Gwynedd, p. 195, the church was rebuilt in 1867 almost from the foundations by the architects, Kennedy & O'Donoghue. The Bold family chapel, however, retains a 1664 date inscription. R.F. Suggett/RCAHMW/Nov. 2015

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Adnoddau Ar-lein