Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

ST DEINIOL'S CHURCH, HAWARDEN

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 310514

Cyfeirnod Map SJ36NW

Cyfeirnod Grid SJ31556592

Awdurdod Lleol Sir y Fflint 

Hen Sir Fflint

Cymuned Hawarden

Math o Safle EGLWYS

Cyfnod Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle St Deiniol's church has its origins in the mid 14th century. It was restored by James Harrison c1855-6 but was largely gutted by fire in 1857. The church was restored in Decorated style by Sir Gilbert Scott of London and was completed in 1859. A south porch was added to the south chancel aisle by Douglas and Fordham of Chester in 1896, in memory of a son of W E Gladstone, the Prime Minister. The Gladstone memorial chapel was added to the N side of the chancel to receive effigies of W E Gladstone and his wife Catherine. By Douglas and Minshull of Chester it was built between 1901-3. A vestry range was added to the northeast in 1909, also by Douglas and Minshull. There are examples of fine Victorian stained glass by William Wailes, and further examples by Edward Frampton. The west window has glass by Sir Edward Burne-Jones (1898) set in complex flowing tracery, and depicting the Adoration of the Magi.

Resource: CADW listed buildings database.

RCAHMW, 7 November 2007.

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol